Thursday, March 8, 2007

Love your body and soul

I had a good time this evening, bowling, at this pathetic bowling alley (the pin might fall suddenly, and the scoring system doest count the felled pin correctly, smelly shoes etc).

That’s not the point, I got quite a good score today (well, good is relative, actually its never past 100 points, I know, I know, Its quite bad, I need more practice I guess, but practice never work for me)

I had played for few games, but still, the throw is not constant, meaning…sometimes, 3 times spare, followed by zero, then a strike once in a while (blame my zero coordination mayb)

In fact, I never good at sport, not an avid spectator either. I can watch football if the TV is broadcasting it due to the majority, and I can enjoy. But if I have the power to choose, I won’t watch. I don’t know why, maybe since I do not play, I guess, the interest is not there.

Some ppls have immense interest in watching sport although not a player, erm I still cannot comprehend this, for example in football/soccer. Maybe its bcos of influence from others, the majority. Or girls wanna watch their charming football player performing on field, that’s a good reason to enjoy football, maybe its equivalent men watching beauty pageant? (I doubt the fact that women don’t see men, as men see women) Or maybe there is joy in watching the supporting team win the game, its like being part of the winning team. Whatever the reason is, I still can’t buy watching sport as an entertainment. I rather watch news Haha

OK. I know, I know. Sport is fun. Id cherished it during my junior high school. I played volleyball and basketball. Its just that I never good at it. Eventually, I stopped and after Form 3, I never actually play any sport. Although I physically look like a guy into sport, I actually don’t, and living in a world based on assumption, I have quite some bad experience regarding this. One of it was during the interview session for my scholarship, one of the panel asked me bout my curricular activities which I elaborate without sport in the list. Then he specifically asked about sport, Thank God, I have this cert for international run, which actually I didn’t joint, I got it bcos my roommate is in the organizer committee. Lucky me, But he still insist the importance of me to participate in sport, and askd about my height, and said it is a loss to the country since our national teams are lacking in size to compete internationally. Thank God, I still get the scholar.

Thinking about my involvement in sport activities, Its just recently, I bowl (is it considered a sport?) and planning to join a swimming class. Starting next week, I promise to myself, to jog several times a week, I feel its an obligation to my body. Love my own body and soul at least, It’s a God’s gift I have to appreciate and take care…

p/s Thank you guys for inviting me to dinner at Sate Malaysia, Its a great 'cathing-up' session

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aku pn suka main boling... wpn xla terer sgt b'main, haha.
xkshla pis, asalkn kta njoy =)

Anonymous said...

I bet I don't watch football because of the guys. It is just fun watching a football match. It's the skill that counts, not the look.

watching Van Persie is an exception.

H said...

Mai,
Nanti ada masa boleh le kita lawan...dan tentukan the worst of the worst Hehe

Nasyrah,
Owh really (for whatever the excuse) :P, Never heard of him, Ive been told u r into Wayne Rooney LOL