Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Sun is Bright

An update on my university application. Previous post regarding this, was posted here (Facing rejection) and here (Sunshine after the rain?).

I just received an email from my supervisor (soon, hopefully) this evening.
I am really sorry this has taken so long. The background is, as you write, that we have had some concerns about your level of funding that we are still trying to resolve internally. Rather than keep you waiting any longer, the sensible and fair thing is to interview you, with the understanding that we will still have to sort out some financial issues and be convinced your level of funding can support you and pay all the necessary fees, but at least we can establish how suitable you are for the project. My colleague .... will arrange things. Please can you provide her with details of when you are available between now and the end of May, and how we can set up a video interview, i.e. details of how to contact your video conferencing system.

Again I am very sorry this has dragged on for so long. Please accept our apologies.
Alhamdulillah, hopefully the interview will go well. I need to prepare, after months (I applied in December 2006), I even had forgotten the title of the proposed research project.

p.s. Based on the email, dont you think he is a very very nice guy, or am I alone in this?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All Englishmen appear nice in emails anyway.

but they won't be less friendly during interviews, so don't worry!

H said...

Thx for the insight.
Its true im worry bout the interview Huhu

nananane said...

good luck.
good luck.
good luck.

my mom told me if i said things i want three times, God might hear it.

good luck again.
fourth time already. Sure God will help you bro.

Anonymous said...

my experience of phone interview:
potential supervisors would like to know you as a person. don;t ask academic or scientific questions, as in exam questions. rather it is an opportunity for both parties getting to know each other better. besides, it is a good chance to ask questions, if there's doubts.
also, supervisors want to know your research backgrounds...asking what you have done for final year project..and things like that. the entire process is very much casual.
good luck, my fren

H said...

Dayana,
Thx for the wishes

Anonymous,
Thx for sharing yr experience. Its a great help, Ill prepare for that. I think I know you from somewhere, my fren. ;P

Again Thanks guys. really appreciate it :D

zafi said...

Money come first for them
secondly they want to know your potential...
u can do it!
just tell them what u have and what u want... u shud be critical enuf... :)
Best of luck!
May Allah Guide us.. Amin.

H said...

Thx Bro, for the encouragement