Friday, May 25, 2007

Cikgu Hafiz, the On Call Teacher

Since past 2 months, Ive been teaching at AA tuition center which is located about 5 mins drive from home.
I hv 4 hours of class perweek, an hour for each diff subject, so Ive to prepare for 4 subjects each week (maths, physics, science SPM, English PMR) but thats not the point, besides the 4 hours, Im the 'on call teacher' or the replacement teacher or 'the bidan terjun',
U know, most of the teachers at tuition centers, are the experienced teacher, or in other word, have kids /family of their own, so there are all sort of prob might arise which suddenly need them to cancel their classes. So Ive to come and replace them if Im free, which is always for me.

Today 5 pm, I got a called from AA owner
AA: Hafiz! (he always call my name like there is an exclamation mark at the end, but not yelling though) can u teach tomorrow English Form 1 8.30 to 10.30 and Form 2 10-30-12.30
ME: Erm Alright (Ok, Ill prepare the notes&exercises tonight)

Today 8.15pm, another phone call
AA: Hafiz! can you teach tonight 8.30-10.30 pm English Form 3, the teacher suddenly cant come, u can use the notes u prepared for the class tomorrow
ME: I havent prepare the notes&exercises yet
AA: Erm Its alright, use anything u'd prepared for the class before
ME: OK
arrived at 8.35 pm, photocopy the materials, and the class startd at 8.45 pm

I have 4 hours class comin tomorrow mornin and another hour in the evening (my own class)

This is how my weekend usually spend, haha, sometimes Im scared to pick up my phone if AA call, usually, Ill get the notice just before the class start, like what happened this evening, Alhamdulillah everything was alright in that class, sometimes, funny things happen when I am not well prepared for a class.

And I dont know how I always agree to replace, though I feel a bit reluctant inside. I think AA have some kind of psychic power of persuasion. Or probbly, when people give me the trust by allowing me to teach, I tend to be nice to these ppl, and tend to just agree with what they request. Dangerous huh

Owh yes, you can make money via tuition, its funny to think people pay me to teach,
but I always try my best, hopefully the sincerity prevail and my 2 cents benefit the students.

OK Officially I declare myself an On Call Teacher (sounds more professional, before, I thought Im an AA's Robot) beep! beep! beep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe..ini adalah sungguh kelakar!

Selamat mengajar, money is one thing, tetapi keikhlasan itu yang menyebabkan ilmu itu sampai dan lekat di hati pelajar.

Beep..beep..
hahahahahaha!

H said...

Erm another class in 15 mins,
Correcting her last week wrk,
Great, the student (a PMR cand) translated women as lelaki and after as selepas in the vocab evaluation sheet
God, give me the patience and strength to face her ths evening
Beep Beep Beep

nananane said...

assalamuaikum cikgu.(^__^)

well, bukan semua org boleh jadi cikgu. memberitahu or menyampaikan, tak same dengan mengajar. i really tabek the real cikgu out there who's really 'mengajar'.

so, kudos for u cikgu hafiz.

H said...

Wsalam. Thx Nana :)
Id try my best, though there are still lots of room for improvement, true what u said, its not easy to be a teacher.

p.s. Haha Id made a mistake in my comment, she wrote before as selepas actualy,
id gave her a formula to remember that, i made this up when a was little, as i had the same confussion back then

BA *B=before A=after
B sebelum A, and A selepas B
so Before is sebelum and After is selepas