Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Minah's s**ual escapade

Warning: This post is silly


Minah Closeup

This is about my friends, the outdoor cats that hang out around my house. Sort of mine I guess, as they’d made my house their home as we feed them, occasionally they'll try to come in and tour around inside the house. If u haven’t heard of them, u can read my previous post about them here and here.


Flashback: From left, Bedah (ibu beranak tujuh), Dolah (Bedah’s son from the first generation), and Minah (Bedah’s oldest daughter from the second birth)

Alright, bfor I proceed with the story, better I update what had been going on with them.
Bedah and her newborns are now not here anymore, huhu, my parents had deported them to a nearby big market, of course without my consent. Bcos her newborns are too much too handle they said, u know 5 babies and they all smell horrible, even after I bathd them. I wish they live happily ever after there in their new home with plenty of fresh fish. Since my last visit to the market, bout a month ago, I never spot any sign of Bedah and her kids, hopefully they'd adapt.

This post is actually about Minah (remember the oldest Bedah’s daughter). She is now bout 9 months old, and surprisingly 2 days ago, she was following other males, owh yes, it’s the mating season. I never had a she-cat, so it is a surprise for me, since my he-cat only show this kind of behaviour after about a year old.


See my Minah is flirting with 2 males (sorry its a bit dark, the sun had set, but u can still see 2 shiny pairs of eyes near her)
Like usual, Dolah enterframe


Minah posing maut

To comprehend what my cat is going through, I do read bout this on wikipedia. Yes absurd, see I got plenty of time doing silly thing.
….cats normally reach sexual maturity at 4-10 months (females) and to 5-7 months (males). Cats have many periods of heat over the course of a year. A heat period lasts about 4 to 7 days if the female is bred; if she is not, the heat period lasts longer. Multiple males will be attracted to a female in heat. The males will fight over her, and the victor wins the right to mate. At first, the female will reject the male. But eventually, the female will allow the male to mate. The female will give a loud yowl as the male pulls out….
Alright enough read, the following description is unnecessary. If u r curious to know what happen next, u can read more here :P
Now I understand that my cat is in ‘heat’ or horny in human term, except it is not to gratify the sexual desire, but to reproduce, simple biology :D
Minah, I thought u were still a baby, why don’t u tell me u wanna be a mama?

Alright, a concern friend (me) don’t want Minah to get pregnant this early, she is just a tiny she-cat. Cant imagine how she’ll deal with the pregnancy etc. So I try to catch her from the males, 3 of them, selective breeding scientists said, to ensure better new generation they speculate, but I see all the males are under par (with diseases etc), seriously, there are much more healthy cat around, but why Minah, them? Huhu My cat has a bad taste.

My attempt to grab her out of the situation was never a success; she followed the males trough tiny holes that I cant go through. I got frustrated. And let her go,
If that’s what u want Minah! Deal with the consequence alone! don’t come to me when u got pregnant and thrown away by my parents. I was really mad at her that time *silly

Finally I got her the next day, after she went missing the whole night bfor.
At first she tried to escape from me, but this time I managed to get her and solitary confined her in a basket. She need to eat I think after 24 hours without food, so I fed her and she ate. But later she cried in there, I feel pity for her.
It is inhuman, its her right, her animal right to breed! So I let her out after an hour in confinement. Again she disappeared that night.


Minah in solitary confinement


Minah "I hate you! Its my right to..."

But today she is back around, Back to normal, I guess her mission had accomplished I hope she is naturally sterilized, so no baby. But if she give birth in the future, I think its cool, hope its OK with my parents as well. Mayb I can name her baby according to the characters in Ranjau Sepanjang Jalan. It will be hilarious!

But I stil don’t understand her Bro, Dolah. He is already more than 1 years old. But still not showing any sign of maturity, only occasionally get into argument with other males, mayb this is for good. But he has this special he-fren named Topeng, I saw once Topeng try to mate with Dolah. Maybe Topeng got confused LOL as Dolah like rolling on ground like a female in heat Haha I will always love you Dolah no matter what,
Good to see your sis back, after 2 nights of carousing.


Minah is back teasing her bro, and play like a kid she was.

Minah why dont u breed with Topeng? He has nice blue eyes. Your bro has a good taste.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I have been Writing Blogs for a few months now and I have to say it is hard to come up with new stuff. I was searching for Blogs to get a better idea on what to include in my Blog. I found your great Blog in my search and I truly enjoyed reading it. I will add it to my favorites and I will check back for updates.
I know a lot of people who would love to read this blog, If I were you I would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and submit this Blog so thousands of others see it for free. I wish you warm regards and continued success.

Jessica

nananane said...

first of all, i'm not that mesra with kucing. sejenis penyakit fobia. but i luv 'em.

it's funny. i mean nvr thought cat flirts like that. u even took some pics. cool.

well, u seemed like a protective father to minah rather than a 'fren'. mcm drama telenovela pulak ade episod cinta terlarang oleh org tua. haha~ bout the Topeng with blue eyes and the others are under par, u know like cinta x boleh dipaksa kind of thingy. and bout minah hving a bad taste for males, i think it's cinta itu buta. haha~ seriously nvr thought cats wud hv been into this kind of probs jugak.

err, is Dolah a gay? (O.o)?*curious*

nice post. i was like ~haha here and there. thx. (^___^)

Anonymous said...

duh!

I saw someone copying my style of putting the warning..heheh

dun u hv any other thing to do rather than watching ur cats? let them live!!

zafi said...

hahahahahhahaha
Life as a cat.... sian kene kurung...
nak berdua2 pon dihalang..
if la kan kucing tu leh bersuara...
:P

H said...

Dayana,

Its alright, I know some ppl have this phobia on animals, furry stuff

U said im a protective dad LOL Now you make me sound like my own Dad. Yes, cinta itu buta, but in animal population, it is not love, it is a mechanism to breed, and they supposed to find a mate with good genes (trait) to produce better progeny (babies). well mayb my Minah is too young to understand bout this. hehe
But She does follow my advice bout Topeng, I stumble on her just now flirting with Topeng (Ill post the pic later2) Haha, Minah is so wild!

Erm Dolah, might be not be a straight cat, im also curious, mayb he is just shy LOL not many she-cat around

H said...

Afni,
hehe credit to you :P

well i watch people too, but not when they 'breed' LOL
observing them is funny sometime, to see they communicate, as cat is usually a loner

FYI there is a field called 'animal behavior' :D I guess what I did is normal

H said...

Zarul,

Haha Its silly to kurung Minah, its only for an hour btw

And now Id let Minah to roam freely, whoever and whenever she want it

jerald pince said...

cats!so u do also have a thang for them eh.nice stuff.cheers.

H said...

They are adorable :D