Monday, April 16, 2007

Math Tutorials on YouTube

Yesterday, I was preparing notes for my Math class later that evening, its about Quadratic Equations Factorization.

Need an extra effort, as the student is a bit slow, so I searched on the internet for tips and trick, later fed up with the unhelpful search result, I turned to Youtube.

In this video sharing web, I finally found the tips wanted.

Video below shows how to factorize a hard trinomial using the decomposition method. I actually never knew bout this method, I was thought in school to factorize using the cross method which I think a bit hard to be comprehend by my student.


Thanks to Mr Wayne for his effort in producing this great tutorial. More videos related to Algebra from sketching graph to solving equations are available in his profile. His tutorials are highly recommended, step by step and easy to understand.

With tips from the Canadian teacher, I managed to make trinomial factorization understandable for my student and increase his confidence in solving equations.

I pity him really, as he is in the science stream (taking 12 subjects for SPM) even though he didn't secure any A's bfore in PMR. Although he is in Form 4, the basics of negative and positive integers addition is still confusing for him. I think he managed to get into science stream because he is studying in a private school.

Erm I wonder what his parents think, putting their child into something unbearable is selfish I guess. Sending kids to extra classes is not the solution, sometimes kids need their time to 'grow' as life is not just about scoring straight A's, get into college, and become a Doctor.

Still majority of Malaysian haven't change.

No comments: