Saturday, April 21, 2007

JOLAS featuring Outlandish

This is a special post for Outlandish, they deserve to be featured in Journal of Life and Science (JOLAS) (It supposed to be the other way round Hehe). Thx Nasyrah, for notifying me bout this cool band.

Had been described passably in Wikipedia, so I just quote from there, the intro bout this group.
"Outlandish is a multi-award winning Danish hip-hop group based in Denmark. Formed in 1997, they consist of Isam Bachiri Azouaoui (born in Denmark and of Moroccan background), Waqas Ali Qadri (born in Denmark and of Pakistani background), and Lenny Martinez (from Honduras). All three members are religious, with Isam and Waqas being devout Muslims, and Lenny being Catholic."


From left Waqas, Isam and Lenny
(sorry guys, I took this from your official site, only for promotional purpose)


Their preface in their official MySpace profile...
"We started out as 3 friends back in the early 90's. We all shared the vision of being creative in one way or the other, we found a common passion which was music. We went through many phases to get to where we are today and are still evolving as musicians and as humans. We chose to call our style 'Life music' because thats what our music is about. To break it more down we do a blend of: hip hop, folk, soul and pop all mixed with a heavy doze of ethnical elements. We hail from 3 different continents so therefore you will hear some latin, arabic and asian elements in Outlandish. Lyrically we touch alot of topics from love to racism you can say that we are social realistic and we always talk about the society which shapes us all for the better and worse."
They already hv three Albums, currently under the Sony-BMG label, and had produced several awesome video clips. I’m not a big fan of hip-hop, but their creativity managed to fused it with other music genre, and the result is amazing. Combined with meaningful lyrics, some of the bait can brought tears to your eyes. Though the rap part is a bit hard to understand, you can find all the lyrics in their official web.

Haven’t heard all their songs yet, so far 'calling you' and 'beyond words' are the most awe-inspiring song I’d heard.

Calling you, Closer Than Veins (Official VDO Clip)

I’m callin’ U; When all my goals, my very soul; Ain’t fallin’ through; I´m in need of U; The trust in my faith; My tears and my ways is drowning so; I cannot always show it; But don´t doubt my love

I’m callin’ U; With all my time and all my fights; In search for the truth; Tryin’ to reach U; See the worth of my sweat; My house and my bed; Am lost in sleep; I will not be false in who I am; As long as I breathe

Oh, no, no; I don’t need nobody; & I don’t fear nobody; I don’t call nobody but U; My One & Only

I don’t need nobody; & I don’t fear nobody; I don’t call nobody but U; U all I need in my life

I’m callin’ U; When all my joy; And all my love is feelin’ good; Cuz it’s due to U;
See the time of my life; My days and my nights; Oh, it’s alright; Cuz at the end of the day; I still got enough for me and my

I’m callin’ U; When all my keys; And all my bizz; Runs all so smooth; I’m thankin’ U; See the halves in my life
My patience, my wife; With all that I know; Oh, take no more than I deserve; Still need to learn more

Oh, no, no; I don’t need nobody; & I don’t fear nobody; I don’t call nobody but U; My One & Only

I don’t need nobody; & I don’t fear nobody; I don’t call nobody but U; U all I need in my life

Our relationship, so complex; Found U while I was headed straight for hell in quest; You have no one to compare to; ‘Cause when I lie to myself nothings hidden from U; I guess I’m thankful; Word on the street is U changed me; It shows in my behaviour; Past present future; Lay it all out; Found my call in your house; And let the whole world know what this love is about

Yo te quiero, te extraño, te olvido; Aunque nunca me has faltado, siempre estas conmigo; Por las veces que he fallado y las heridas tan profundas; Mejor tarde que nunca para pedirte mil disculpas; Estoy gritando callado yo te llamo, te escucho, lo intento; De ti yo me alimento; Cuando el aire que respiro es violento y turbulento; Yo te olvido, te llamo, te siento
Translation: [I love you, I miss you, I forget you; Even though you never let me down and always are by my side; For all the times I’ve failed and hurt you deeply; Better later than never to give you a 1000 apologies; I’m shouting silently, callin’ you, I’m listening to you, I’m tryin’; You nourish me; When the air that I breathe is violent and turbulent; I’m forgettin’ you, I’m callin’ you, I’m feelin’ you]

Oh, no, no; I don’t need nobody; & I don’t fear nobody; I don’t call nobody but U; My One & Only

I don’t need nobody; & I don’t fear nobody; I don’t call nobody but U…

Beyond Words, Closer Than Veins (VDO by Awayclose)

If I worship U in fear of hell, burn me in it
And if I worship U in hope of paradise, exclude me from it
But if I worship U for Your own being
Don’t withhold from me Your everlasting beauty

Beautiful songs, All the best to Outlandish.

Nasyrah, Im waiting for the mp3s u promised Ill buy their original when Im back in Penang, the only way I can support them from here :D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there is any Outlandish Cd sold in Malaysia. Hopefully there is!

Now I am thinking of going to Denmark..heheh..

Since I just came back from spain, the rap sounds nice to my ears. Calling U is definitely the song that will bring tears to my eyes every time I listen to it.

God bless them!

H said...

Yea Hopefully, there are big stores in Penang that sells album from all over the world.

Go to Denmark then Hehe You can always wait for their next concert in the UK :D

and Thx for the mp3s