Thursday, July 5, 2007

Before Tomorrow

I’m going to drive my Kancil back home tomorrow, since Ill be MIA for few years in few months, so its best that my sister use it in Penang.


Ill be missg him, he had served me and being a good friend for almost 2 years and he rarely breakdown (just some minor) although he is not a virgin when I got him (a second hand car).
He is the Kancil, yup a he-car, because he rarely causes any trouble, haha, sorry girls, a male chauvinistic remark, I’m just jesting. You all know im not a he-ass :P or am I?

Finally, I got the electronic copy of my offer letter last night, the original was mailed but haven’t yet arrived. Astounded by the amount of fees needed to be paid which is about 25k pound annum (Fee 14.5k + Consumable 10.4k), I thought it was a mistake. But when I checked with other good universities in the UK, it’s a common/standard international fee for medical related research degrees, obviously it’s a profit making business.
Well, Its not that I’m the one who is going to pay the fees, but I feel that (actually, Im not sure how I felt) it’s a lot of money spend especially when it is converted to Malaysian ringgit. Feel like it’s a huge responsibility for me to put my whole+extra effort in it, so that the money will be well spent.

Wonder why our public universities don’t charge a noticeable fee difference for the international students (In the UK, the fee for EU/UK students are much lower compared to internationals’). Plus most of the international students in Malaysia are very rich, their country too esp the middle eastern countries like UAE. But then, when I heard these countries are spending billions in our local universities research. I think it’s a simple give and take. Anyway, we have to charge based on our quality of education, probably higher rate in the future when the quality get better, hopefully, with all the sudden baby steps taken by MOHE.

Will forward the offer letter tomorrow to the scholarship provider, hope everything will be fine, the next meeting for finalizing the scholarship is in the next week, and I was told in a phone conversation with the officer that the fees wont be a problem. Lega! Anyway I'm still hoping a smooth process ahead.

And the stated date for the 2007/08 intake in the offer letter is the 1st October. OMG it is in Ramadan which is before Eid. Felt like I wanna burst when I realized bout it. Probably I can forward the date to after Eid hopefully, hey Im a paid customer, I can do what I want hehe

Tomorrow too, my buddy is going to leave Malaysia for a month. Goodbye mate, sorry can’t wave g'bye at the airport. Im sure u’ll be fine and come back home in one piece. Ill pray for your safety. Thx for the sate treat ths evening, huhu, Im actually sad u r goin to leave.


And this stack of books plus some more at home in Penang is for my friend who is going to pursue her Masters which will start tomorrow. All the best, pal. Hope all these notes help. She wrote in her blog that I'm one of the person that has inspired her to discontinue her job and continue with her study. I am very flatterd Id unintentionally persuade someone for something good, but a bit weird as I myself don't feel that I can be inspiring. I'm sure you wont regret your decision on doing this, pal. Knowledge is power!

Off topic, I haven’t blog bout current affairs esp politic for sometime, but Im very happy bout the release of the BBC reporter in Palestine yesterday. See, Hamas is not a bad group of people; they had shown to the international that they are not an extremist; they are just fighting for their land which was stolen. Hopefully this event will clean up their image.

Cant wait to be in Penang tomorrow, I felt attached there probably because I grew up there. Will spend the few days, with friends back home and my cute nice. She is so smart right now, sometimes a bit naughty. Will blog bout her when I come back.


Till then. Adios!

p.s. Cikgu Hafiz (as addressed by lots of my fren recently haha) have to take few days leave for his trip to Penang. He'll be back in few days, teaching and at the same time learning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hafiz,wah my name didnt mention on the text(latest one).please read dua' for my safety,work hard and come back with great transform.Wishing to watch first-hand Harry Potter with collegues and bossess on July,12. Take care.send my regards to Ur family.Chill~

Azim

zafi said...

hhahahahhaha
they are always mata duitan..
dah la gune GBP...
hik hik hik
dont worry, you can go anywhere... mahai camna pon depa tanggung...
yg penting pass and prove anak msia Boleh!!!

GAMBATTE!

H said...

Azim, i did laugh u was mistaken as a hong kong chinese, american asian and the kari incident during yr flight, sorry haha. Anyway ud proved that u can adapt well, and good luck with the harry potter premier, i heard he is touring, probably you can cath the team live

H said...

Zafi, they are obviously mata duitan, and i learned that bureaucracy is everywhere, not only here
The only thing i hv to do is Gambatte! For the everything else, There's the Gov (bukan mastercard ye) hehe

Anonymous said...

well, dont have time to catch the theater here, presented with tight training schedule.damn.tell U what, curry stuffs happen again when we had a dinner at Ethopia restaurant.

We will looking forward to attend a concert and picnic this coming saturday.catch 22.Dont get jeolous!!hahahaha