Saturday, January 19, 2008

"A Man is an Island"

John Bon Jovi wrote in one of his famous song that 'no man is an island'.
I choose not to believe so...
In this I have to totally agree with Hugh Grant in 'About a Boy'

of course minus the 'magnet to Swedish tourist"

Why I like to delude my self in thinking such? because i think relationship (u know what kind of relationship i refer to) is the most complicated thing in the world.

But sometimes I cant help myself feelin that, deluding myself into thinking 'a man is an island' is a complete bullocks.
Maybe I feel a bit lonely today. End of the story. The rest of it the world doesnt need to know ;)

OK, above is just a prologue.

I thought im not going to do the anniversary thing anymore but I cant help myself mentioning it, I just passed a quarter year here. 3 months!
I travel a lot since last week. Last Friday went to Oxford for my research group meetg. It was cool. cant describe more, id signed an agreement, it is a top secret hehe

This week Ive been traveling to London everyday since Wednesday, bcos I have to attend a short course. I cant imagine if I have to do it on daily basis, the public transport is really horrible in the morning. Thank God I live quite away from the bustling city.

Today is the last day of the course, the evening after the course, I went to Wesminister again, for the weekly anti war campaign but the place is quite, erm maybe i got the time wrong. (refer to the previous post about this.)

So, went to Leicester Square instead, to the Chinatown, and bought few packets of fried rice seasoning, Tomyam paste etc, ie all the Malaysian stuff.

When I was walking back to the underground station, I think I went the wrong way, and ended up going through a street with quite numbers of gay bars! LMAO That was quite interesting, pub, with only guys. I guess that must be the hotspot for GLBT in London, as there are also sx-shops, labeled for adult, featuring guys in spandex and the famous rainbow pride flag.

After rushing through the street (I dunno why I did speedup my walk), finally I come across another street with lots of bookshop, and bought a Persian Poem book from the religion's section at BORDERS (the book was placed in the Sufism section?). Maybe someday Ill post some of the beautiful bytes from the book.

And now I havent yet sleep, even though Id planned to start my jogging regime early in the morning. It is hard to do the first start. Life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

me so understand the zone you are in right now. :)

and yes relationships are the most complicated. Sometimes its better to do off without them, and sometimes you can't help but need them to keep you sane.

the time you have in a different land can mess up your head and heart pretty bad sometimes.

the loneliness is unavoidable. this said, I so get what you are saying. Or so I think. hmm... Sometimes I wish ppl understand though they don't and most times you know, no matter how hard they try, they can never understand me.

and I so want to go london. :D

Anonymous said...

tell me what book did you buy?

most persian writers (if it is classical) wrote mystical poem i.e. sufism, hence you need to really understand what he means. when he says Love, most often than not it refers to God's love, though he put it in a very sexual way. i'm gonna write about sufism, a reflection from the part of the book i'm reading right now, but not until the exam is over. that is 4 papers away. :P

take care la.

H said...

Thx Annur, Im fine now. Just being melancholic, too much trip to london maybe haha u should just've come if u want to ;)

Afni, the books title is "tales from rumi'. yup, ust read the prologue, and what u said is true. all the best for yr papers

Anonymous said...

Jalaluddin Rumi? You must spend a lot of time to read between the lines. He is a high-class mystical poet.